WHO CAN ENTER
Publishers of print books and audiobooks with a copyright date of 2019 may enter the current competition. There are two deadlines for entry (September 30, 2019 and December 15, 2019). Usually, books published between January 2019 and August 2019 are entered prior to the first deadline and books published between September 2019 and December 2019 are entered prior to the second deadline. That said, as long as the book has a copyright date of 2019, it will be accepted prior to either deadline. Books with a copyright date of 2018 will not be considered and books with a copyright date of 2020 will be moved into next year’s competition.
Download the 32nd annual call for entries for more information.
FIRST CALL—DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 30, 2019
Primarily for titles published January 1 – August 31, 2019
SECOND CALL—DEADLINE: DECEMBER 15, 2019
Primarily for titles published September 1 – December 31, 2019
WHAT ENTRANTS SHOULD EXPECT
One Gold and at least two Silver award winners are determined in each category. The IBPA Benjamin Franklin Award™ program is unique in that all entrants receive direct feedback on their entries. The actual judging forms are returned to all participating publishers. Prestige as a publisher is one of the many benefits of being named a winner of this distinguished award. In addition, all winners receive:
- Two tickets to the award ceremony recognizing all award winners. See below.
- A personalized award certificate.
- Special award stickers to affix to the winning books.
- Recognition prior to the awards ceremony on the IBPA website.
- Archived listing after the awards ceremony on the IBPA website.
- Announcement to major trade journals (including Publishers Weekly and Book Business), to select public libraries, through all IBPA social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, the IBPA Blog and more.
APPLYING TO JUDGE THE PROGRAM
Are you an expert in the field of book editorial and/or design and are interested in giving back to your community as a judge in the 32nd annual IBPA Benjamin Franklin Award™ program? If so, we’d love to consider your application. Complete this year’s call for judges application by Friday, August 31, 2019 to be considered. Previous and perspective judges must both apply.