THE 28TH ANNUAL IBPA BENJAMIN FRANKLIN AWARDS™ CALL FOR ENTRIES IS OFFICIALLY OPEN.
IBPA’s annual book award program celebrating the vibrant indie publishing community invites you to enter the next competition for books published in 2015. This website has been updated with all the information you need to enter. Additional information about the 28th Annual awards presentation, which will be held in the spring of 2016, will be added to this website as soon as it becomes available.
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE 2015 AWARD WINNERS!
The IBPA Benjamin Franklin Awards, which include fifty-five categories recognizing excellence in book editorial and design, are regarded as one of the highest national honors for indie publishers and self-published authors.
The awards are administered by the Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA), with help from over 150 book publishing professionals including librarians, bookstore owners, reviewers, designers, publicity managers, and editors. They are unique in that the entrants receive direct feedback on their titles. The actual judging forms are returned to all participating publishers.
THE 2015 BENJAMIN FRANKLIN AWARDS™ CEREMONY
Held in conjunction with IBPA’s Publishing University (April 10–11, 2015 in Austin, Texas), the 2015 award ceremony included a gala dinner where all Gold winners received an engraved trophy marking their achievement.
One Gold and at least two Silver award winners are determined in each category. Prestige as a publisher is one of the many benefits of being named a winner of this distinguished award. In addition, all winners receive:
- Two tickets to the award ceremony recognizing all the award winners. See below.
- A personalized award certificate.
- Special award stickers to affix to the winning books.
- Recognition prior to the awards ceremony on the IBPA website.
- Archived listing after the awards ceremony on the IBPA website.
- Announcement to major trade journals (including Publishers Weekly and Book Business), to select public libraries, through all IBPA social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, the IBPA Blog and more.
Winners for the years from 2010 through 2015 are archived here on this IBPA Benjamin Franklin Awards website. In addition, winners from 2001 through 2015 are archived on the IBPA Online website.
PICTURED BELOW: THE 2014 IBPA BENJAMIN FRANKLIN AWARDS CEREMONY IN NEW YORK, NEW YORK. CLICK AN IMAGE TO ENLARGE IT.